- Master the basics from shooting to editing to publishing in order to realize your video vision!
- Network with other video makers to collaborate on videos about our community – pitch your own ideas or grab one from a dynamic list of project requests!
- Dust off your camera or use our professional equipment – from simple flip-cams to high-end prosumer cams!
The Latest Zoom In Events
About Zoom In
The Zoom In Video Production Collaborative provides:
- Ongoing training
- Locally-based field projects
- Screening events
- A vibrant social network
Zoom In gives video makers of all levels of experience the chance to contribute to local media coverage and make a difference in the community. Videos can range from coverage of local events to organizations to people to scripted narratives.
It’s all up to you! Pitch your ideas to the Zoom In community and make it happen!
Why Should I Join?
If you’ve always been interested in media or film but never had the time, resources or opportunity to do it, Zoom In is a way to get started! Once you take our workshop, you will find yourself part of a dynamic and diverse group of people committed to creating meaningful video content.
Members of Zoom In:
- Gain access to professional equipment, TV studio and editing stations.
- Interact with mentors in different areas of expertise to hone their skills.
- Claim ownership of local media by becoming citizen journalists and documenting the amazing things going on in the community.
- Receive special invitations to “expert workshops” to take their work to the next level.
- Have their videos honored alongside other Zoom In projects at Media Center screening events! Socialize and celebrate with other Zoom In members and receive awards for their videos!
- See their videos on cable TV and the web!
- Learn by Doing –
- Take the hands-on workshop
- Connect with an existing Media Center project
- Produce your own project using Media Center resources in collaboration with other Zoom In members
You can see some of Zoom In's latest work online, in our YouTube channel.
How Do I Start?
If you’re a beginner, get on the fast track with our Zoom In Video Production Workshop where you will learn everything from producing, directing, camera work, editing and more! This affordable crash course offers everything you’ll need to know to create your own media project.
If you already have a lot of experience with field production, you can opt out of our introductory workshop and jump right into the projects. Join our social networking site ("Ning").
On Ning you can:
- Find a list of Zoom In Projects that your fellow Zoom In members have proposed
- Join a crew
- Pitch your own idea!
- Share best practices and tips
- Connect with a mentor
- Find resources and how-to videos
If you’d like to be a Zoom In mentor or producer, contact Becky Sanders who will connect you with project teams seeking support!
Zoom In Video Production Workshops are offered at $145, or $225 including equipment and edit facilities usage for 6 months.
Got Questions? Contact Becky. 650-494-8686 x11
Contact Lupita Segura to sign up. 650-494-8686 x35
Join our Ning site to start connecting!